BizTalk is market leading tool in the integration world. As per some survey conducted by (https://discovery.hgdata.com/product/biztalk-server) and (https://idatalabs.com/tech/products/biztalk-server). BizTalk has almost 16% market share in Integration world. It is most from any other integration tools. 2nd leading integration tool is IBM WebSphere.
So, if anyone says that BizTalk is dead or no future scope, it’s just rumor nothing else. Now Microsoft has also announced that they will release new BizTalk version in every 2 years.
Microsoft Future plans about BizTalk Server
The release cadence of the Microsoft Integration is as follows:
- Major Version of BizTalk Server every 2 years
- Minor Release of BizTalk Server every alternate year
- BizTalk Services will follow a release cadence of 6 months
No need to worry to developer or fresher, who is going to start career in BizTalk world. Now a day lots of blogs and tutorial sites are available related to BizTalk development as well as support activity which are more from any other integration tool.
Don’t confuse with below:
here they are talking about BizTalk Service on BizTalk Server. Here BizTalk word is used which creates confusion. They are going to replace MABS (Microsoft Azure BizTalk Services) with Azure Logic Apps. There is not mentioned anything related to BizTalk Server.
To simplify the customer experience across our enterprise integration services, we have incorporated the Azure BizTalk Services capabilities into Logic Apps and Azure App Service Hybrid Connections. Effective May 31, 2017, Microsoft has removed Azure BizTalk Services as an option for new subscribers.
For existing customer subscriptions, BizTalk Services will be retired on May 31, 2018. All existing subscriptions should transition to Logic Apps and App Service Hybrid Connections before this date.
Above we can see that Microsoft uses word BizTalk Services which is created confusion. Here BizTalk Services is related to MABS (Microsoft Azure BizTalk Services) which is flopped after investing 4 years, so they are now moving to Logic Apps.
And in Business Prospective BizTalk is best integration tool.
BizTalk provides the base services to do powerful application integration across disparate systems and even organizations. Microsoft BizTalk Server is an application server that enables companies to integrate and manage automated business processes by exchanging business documents such as purchase orders and invoices between disparate applications, within or across organizational boundaries.
It’s providing following facilities in integration which are very useful.
- It is basically an Integration server with inbuild adapters for communication. It helps in Integrating Enterprise Applications at one common point.
- Solutions can be developed really fast with BizTalk Server. Effort spent will be less.
- Support, Maintenance and updates are easy to manage and maintained.
- Its provide guaranty that message will never loss in BizTalk if any technical issue occurs.
- It has retried mechanism as well as alternative transport mechanism for message processing.
- BizTalk is designed to operate in Multi Server Environment. We can run the application on various servers to manage load and highly Availability.
- Advantage for customers on cost saving in terms of development time.
- BizTalk has BAM Portal (Business Activity Monitoring Portal) to tracking the message information inside the BizTalk for the Business guys.
- BizTalk has a number of Tools like BRE, SSO which be effectively used.
- It can be used to communicate with wide range of Legacy Applications. There is always a scope to develop custom
One response to “Why BizTalk?”
Thiis is a great post thanks